I’ll have to reveal all at some point…but there’s a theme running through this week’s show. A diverse array of artistes on top form singing songs by one of music history’s greatest pairings.
Is it John and Paul? Cain and Abel? Jedward? Well, you’ll have to listen to the show to discover more. Have fun!
1. Paul Whiteman – I’ll Build A Stairway To Paradise
2. Sophie Tucker – The Man I Love
3. ‘s Wonderful – Billy Cotton
4. Cliff Edwards – Fascinating Rhythm
5. Whispering Jack Smith – My One And Only…
6. Gertrude Lawrence -Do Do Do
7. Caroll Gibbons with the Carlyle Cousins…Biding My Time
8. Evelyn Dal & Sam Browne – Let’s Call The Whole Thing Off
9. Roy Fox and his orchestra with Denny Dennis – Things Are Looking Up
10. Mickey Rooney – Treat Me Rough
11. Fred Astaire – Who Cares
12. Ella Fitzgerald & Her Savoy Eight – I Was Doing Alright..
13. Billie Holliday & Her Orchestra…Summertime
14. Jane Froman & Al Goodman’s Orchestra – Boy, What Has Love Done For Me…
and a few more…
Thanks to Mister Edward Francis Wilkins for engineering with such a light touch this week.
And, as always, requests to firstname.lastname@example.org