Back To Basics was first broadcast on June the 24th 2011.
I’ve had a lot of requests to feature this show again – it certainly has been one of my most listened to shows and whenever we have a wind-up gramophone in our little vintage shop, it is always a popular draw.
So, this was the show where we played 78s live in the studio. Just me, Laura and my trusty wind-up gramophone. This was one of the most enjoyable shows that we’ve broadcast. Old style DJ-ing and the only drawback being that we could not talk while playing the discs because they were all miked up live in the studio.
We make up for the in-between chat on all our other weeks though.
If you’d like a special tune played on any of our shows, just send an email to me, Dave Ireland, at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll do my best to fit you in.
These are the 78s we played on the show;
• Syd Phillips and his band featuring Denny Dennis – Did You Ever See A Dream Walking
• Red Nichols & The Charleston Chasers – Wabash Blues
• George Formby – Leaning On A Lamppost
• George Trotter & His Orchestra featuring Bing Crosby – Sweet Potato Piper
• Jimmy Durante – The Lost Chord
• Red Ingle – Cigareets & Whusky and Wild, Wild Women
• Benny Goodman Orchestra featuring Peggy Lee – I Threw A Kiss In The Ocean
• Will Bradley & His Orchestra featruing Ray McKinley – Chicken Gum Boogie
• Fats Waller – Your Feet’s Too Big
• Frank Sinatra with Alex Stordahl’s Orchestra – Five Minutes More
• Beverley Sisters and the Roland Shaw Orchestra – It’s Easy
• Dickie Valentine with the Johnny Douglas Orchestra – Mister Sandman
• Lord Beginner with the Calypso Rhythm Kings – Cricket Lovely Cricket
• Spike Jones featuring Carl Grayson – Cocktails For Two
• Ted Heath & His Music – Dragnet
• Anton Karas – The Harry Lime Theme
• Tommy Steele & The Steele Men – A Handful Of Songs
• Doris Day – The Black Hills Of Dakota
Time After Time The VIntage Hour is a Double Infinity Production.
To hear some of Dave’s own tunes, visit davidireland.biz
...and don’t forget, send those requests to email@example.com